There is no denying the growing popularity of hybrids and other electrified vehicles in the United States. Americans are realizing their benefits go beyond simple spending less on gasoline. That is why it is exciting to learn that Honda may be getting a Pilot plug-in hybrid model ready.
Recently, Automotive News captured some spy shots of a Pilot model with two fueling doors, implying that one of them could be a port for a plug. The Pilot is already a popular choice among families. It has been going through a sales surge with a 36.1% sales increase in May 2018 compared to May 2017.
This is why a plug-in hybrid model would fit in perfectly with Honda’s plan to have two-thirds of its sales be electrified by 2030. Honda currently has three other electrified models in the its lineup, the Accord, Clarity, and Insight. The addition of an electrified crossover could be a big boom for Honda.
There are currently plans for a Pilot refresh for the 2019 model year that will likely include a new grille, revised headlights, and a new front fascia. Perhaps Honda will surprise us with a new plug-in hybrid option. But, it is too soon to tell.
The Honda Pilot is already one of our most popular vehicles at Bryan Honda. We can’t wait to see how a plug-in hybrid would be received.
Before your family finds yourself in the thick of the school year, there is still some time left for some adventurous outing. If you are looking for some family fun in Fayetteville, there are plenty of options to choose from.
- Fascinate U Children’s Museum. Located right here in Fayetteville, this museum features plenty of hands-on activities that are sure to keep you kids excited and engaged all day long. You will likely spend an hour or more in the Mini City where kids are in charge.
- Mountasia Fantasy Golf and Games. For fun the whole family can enjoy, play a game of mini golf. There are two 18-hole courses to choose from.
- Go Fun Fun Fun Entertainment Center. Play a game of Lazer Tag, improve your swing in the batting cages, or have an adventure playing putt-putt golf. There is plenty of fun for everyone.
- Fantasy Lake. Nothing beats a day of water play when it is so hot outside. Fantasy Lake is a man made lake with lots of water slides and other adventures that make a big splash.
- Aloha Safari Zoo. This unique zoo focuses on rescuing animals to give them a second change on life. Your kids can see camels, bears, zebra, and tigers. The petting zoo area features sweet barn animals.
Before you head out on your family adventure, you’ll need a safe family vehicle. Find one at Bryan Honda!